Day 50 - Getting over my appearance

     Another big point, related to yesterday: Caring about how I look. To be really specific, I'm spending my energy to imagine how others might be judging me, so that I may manipulate my appearance to be more in control of the world around me. My hair style, dress and overall appearance are just the picture presentation of myself. Dressing effectively for the situations that life presents is different than worrying about how others judge my appearance. Through addressing this point, I will no longer go into my mind with concern for how others might be negatively or positively judging my appearance. So, if I need to be respectful or effective with how I choose my appearance, I will direct myself accordingly, but no more mental worry tolls.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to engage in my mind to attempt to figure out how another may be judging me so that I could change my appearance to be liked...this is one of the points behind the appearance concern.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire to be liked, and to attempt to achieve this goal, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to manipulate my appearance to be a certain favorable way.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to try to control others reactions to me instead of just being me, here, as an authentic expression of myself.

I forgive myself for judging myself.


When and as I see myself imagining how others would think of me as the picture image of myself, I stop I breathe.

I realize that these thoughts support a comparison system that is not needed outside of self-interest. I had been desiring to be on the winning side of the polarity of appearance judgement, so that I could keep the fear of judgement in motion. I am done with this.

I commit myself to be a living expression of what's best for all life, and not what's just best for me in terms of opinions of my appearance. I will no longer be putting energy into appearing a certain way to achieve self-interested goals. Here I am. Judge me, or hear me.


No comments:

Post a Comment