Day 64 - Accomplishing goals



Step 1: Identify
Identify primary goals. In this stage we often do not see all the little sub-tasks required to complete the primary task. With out getting overwhelmed, briefly overview the entire project; quickly thinking about the obvious things that need to happen, and estimating the total time it takes. Helps with Step 2.

Step 2: Prioritize
Prioritize the primary goals of the day. It's fine to move from  one project's sub-task to another projects sub-task, especially when they are related or efficiency paired. The trouble is getting off track doing a sub-task for a lower priority, primary goal that doesn't accomplish as much for your overall daily work out put assessment. High work value for less time, should take priority over the tedious stuff that needs to eventually get done. "High work value," meaning doing what you really want to be doing, and focusing on each crucial step of that high priority goal.

Step 3: Act
Action. Any more preparation is only necessary if the nature of the work is highly specific. As the focus is placed on the 1st step, you then think about how you can most efficiently complete that first step. During this process, don't be afraid to let go of the operation to work on another goal/sub-task, just make sure the priority level is higher for any reason.

"this level 2 Menger Sponge is the most complex thing that I have ever folded." - by Ardonik

Some forgiveness statements related to how I have had trouble getting things done:

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to avoid/delay/escape the real work that must get done to accomplish the primary goal, spending too much time on sub-tasks with low work-to-time value.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that the real work that I most want to be doing is hard/difficult. This is just me making up excuses and getting overwhelmed. Go back to Step 2.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to seek pleasurable distractions when faced with the responsibility of either figuring out the next step or acting to carry it out.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get overwhelmed and lose energy during Step 1 and allow many projects to run rampant in my mind, nothing actually ever getting done.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be stopped by doubting my ability to successfully accomplish a goal on the first try. This doubt serves no beneficial purpose. Delete. To use discernment from a common sense perspective, fine. But the emotion of doubt as a blockade, I'm not ok with.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get angry with myself for accomplishing nothing/failure when I accept and allow my reality to be filled with self-doubt.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see that I can accomplish anything I want with these 3 simple steps.

Proactive/Productive Power. We all have it. Why allow our minds to take over? Why accept the easy way when it's dishonest to begin with.


When and as I see myself moving further away from the top priority task(s), into productive distractions, I stop I breathe.

I realize that in one moment of breath which actions to take first are apparent, and that only with self-honesty can I determine when I am running and when I am here, directing myself.

I commit myself to accomplishing a lot in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment