Day 69 - Running on an injury

While training to get in shape for an 11 mile obstacle run called Tough Mudder, I overused my tibial muscle creating the experience of shin splints. I told myself that I was going to educate myself on how to heal quickly so that I may still be able to run the race in 2 days. I wasn't thorough or disciplined enough to stay off it. I continued to work and play soccer today putting quite a strain on my left ankle. Here, I sit with with ice on it, and I will be resting the whole day tomorrow, to give myself the best shot at making it through the race.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to heal/rest my ankle.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to try to run and play soccer without properly taping the injury for support.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to go on doing my normal amount of physical activity without researching and applying injury countermeasures.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear not being able to run the coming 11 mile obstacle course.


When and as I see myself acting outside of what is common sense in relation to how I use my body, I stop I breathe.

I realize that if I want to stay in peak physical condition, I cannot ignore or downplay an injury.

I commit myself to listening to when my body has reached its limitation.

This really is a common sense point, and it's not wise for me to ignore when my physical body is in pain. This is a message that I ought to be taking it easy and learning about what is the problem. Proactively aiding myself is my responsibility.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not take responsibility for the health of my human physical body. This is who I am. Let's treat me right!




thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment