Day 68 - Work Direction

Today, I was thinking about what is it that I want to do for work. Plenty of ideas have come and gone:

  • Computer programming / web design
  • SEO / online brand development
  • marketing / customer relations
  • sales / negotiations
and today, I figured that if I breath and have a moment of self-honesty to direct my thought to what I really want to do for a living, that I would come up with an answer. With my Communication Science Bachelors Degree, I image that I could build on what I know and become a communication consultant for companies. If I ran my own one man business, I would be combining the business part that I like with the communication aspect. I would have to sell/position my services as something that would help improve a company from within by making communication more effective and efficient within the organization. Right after that glorious  (feeling) thought/realization, in comes the doubt. "Maybe I want to do something else." "Maybe I would rather focus on customer outreach / marketing design." And what I realize about the doubt pattern is how it halts me. It leaves me with an excuse to delay figuring out my career path once again.

High density social network   cc

I will now apply forgiveness in this situation:

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to have one key high point of energy/thought as a conclusion to my career path search, where I then go into the polarity from sureness to doubt. I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to see how this energetic dance, between sureness and doubt, balances out and leaves me, again, nowhere.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt my direction, and so without a full follow through, I let the doubt negate the energy drive from the thought of finally figuring out my desired career path. I also forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to react to my thought with positive energy. I commit myself to observing my thought and moving according to basic common sense, rather than get involved with the feeling in relation to the thought.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think that I need to figure out exactly what I want to do in one moment, and I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I can't figure it out in one moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give into distractions while I am investigating how I would like to spend the next 5-10 years of my life for work.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that I won't be able to figure out exactly what I want to do, and I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I must figure out my life's work in one moment. I commit myself to researching my interests related to my communication degree ("qualified knowledge") and begin driving myself to accomplishing true system work.

When and as I see myself delaying or doubting myself within the application of narrowing down how I would like to continue my education to become a paid professional, I stop I breathe.

I realize that that I don't need to figure out everything right now. I must just be taking steps to become qualified in a particular type of work that I would like to do for the time being. The goal is not to get locked up in fear or any emotion that will prevent me from becoming "more" within the system, so I can rake in the dough.

I commit myself to making full use of my free time to determine how and what I would like to learn in relation to having a real job in the system.

I commit myself to recognizing when I am participating within a feeling or emotion in relation to a thought, and STOP IT.

I commit myself to refining and developing Self-Direction.

I commit myself to stop getting lost / side-tracked from the thought-emotion of doubt.

I commit myself to staying present and not letting myself worry about what I will be doing in my future. I commit myself to directing myself to figuring out the beginning of my career here, within my breath.

Thanks for reading my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment