Day 74 - Killing time with TV

photo credit

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to turn to watching TV to avoid doing what I need to do. It's so easy to just take a sit and waste a few hours with a television program or two, forgetting about what ever responsibilities I have set for myself. So, maybe I'm missing a point. The point where I plan how and when I complete my responsibilities that I set for myself. So then, TV-escapism will have it's place.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realize how I've been using TV as an escape. This reason, I hid from myself through my general dislike toward TV. "Oh, I hate TV because it's such a waste of time." I forgive myself for not realizing that this separation judgement had become a personal point of defining how I use TV. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to 'waste time' watching TV.


When and as I see myself using television as escapism without awareness and permission, I stop I breathe. I realize that abdicating my responsibilities through neglecting them with distractions like television is not an honest and sustainable way to live. I am abusing TV. To properly use TV, I must do it with intention.

I commit myself to using self-honesty within an agreement with myself that it is okay to watch TV, and so I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel guilty for watching TV.

I commit myself to writing down my daily responsibilities every morning, so that I will not slip up and ruin my whole day by wasting time with distractions like TV.

I commit myself to STOP delaying my life, and begin living an honest expression of self-direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment