Day 92 - No Alcohol and Ego

After looking at yesterday's post: Day 91 - My relationship with alcohol, I noted that I ended with a forgiveness statement that was specific, but it the structure indicates that I wasn't taking full responsibility.

From Yesterday:
"I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to have the thought, that others are judging me as superior to them through my choice not to drink."

And now:
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I am superior than those who do drink alcohol because I am in a higher degree of control.

Another perspective might prove otherwise. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I have more control of myself than those who choose to drink alcohol. My personal choice is one and equal with theirs. Collapse the polarity by seeing the two sides of the same coin, and not investing oneself as one but not the other.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to identify as a non-drinker as opposed to a drinker, and for believing that I am better as one and not the other.

When and as I see myself comparing my life to another's life with overly generalized thoughts, I stop I breathe. I realize that this is my mind fighting for it's powerful position in relation to others. I commit myself to stop participating in the thoughts of comparing my life and decision to another's life and decisions.

I commit myself to no longer identifying myself as a non-drinker wherein I take my decision to not drink personally, and from there feed my ego with the energy it needs to fuel the thoughts of separation.

I commit myself showing others that I am sober from alcohol because I choose to support whats best for all life and to no longer support the systems of the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment