Day 79 - Placing myself in writing

One key purpose of this Journey to Life blog, is to place myself in writing. By pushing myself to write daily, I can get a natural sense for my voice, my expression of myself. I make it public for anyone to see for a few reasons. Practice, feedback and self-support. I am also supporting others as me when you read this, though your reading is your deal. Writing myself out for me and all others to see only requires that I do it. Blogs are an amazing opportunity of self-support.

I'm realizing that in the Desteni I Process, writing this blog is not enough. It's how I was able to be sponsored into it, but if I'm really serious, and I am, I must have the tenacity to write all my thoughts down. Why? Because that's the process of seeing oneself. It is my belief that all great historical figures were writers. Also readers, but the writing, the journal...it keeps continuity of self. I can look back to see who I was in that moment and carry forth within that. That's powerful.

So, the goal of this post is to address why I haven't been pushing myself to write more. I was pretty hesitant to commit to 7 years of daily writing, but I could see the benefit. It was a solid challenge  and I'm down for those. And it has been a challenge, missing a day every once in awhile in the beginning, last month, only missed one day! This month, I'm going all out. A daily post plus additional writing. Why? Because I'm committed to sorting myself out. Why? I believe in the nobility of leading a life that's Best For All. Best for me is so overplayed! So why not write more...

photo credit: zeimusu

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that writing is hard work that must require too much time and is not worth it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to go into hiding by neglecting the task of writing by turning to media, like video games and movies, and social stimulation, as in looking for girls to hang out with on my okcupid app.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to to undervalue the act of writing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I need to formalize my writing efforts into this Journey to Life blog, and believe that I only have a limited amount of writing effort that I need to save for this daily post.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not organize my writing space, so that I can see what I've written when. Too many notebooks, not enough organization is discouraging.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to become discouraged by by lack of organizing and I forgive myself that I haven't allowed myself to prioritize creating the organized work space of which I can write effectively, day-to-day.

I commit myself to writing myself out everyday, for myself to see myself.

When and as I see myself moving into a distraction so that I don't have to face myself and my thoughts through writing, I stop I breathe. I realize the benefit of writing, for me, for all to see who I am. I commit myself to the open, honest, transparent stance of living out what's best for all life. It's a process and if I don't try and get started...well, what am I waiting for? I answer questions like this, questions to self, through the act of writing.

Thanks for reading. Now write about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment