Day 45 - Delay

thanks

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to delay completing my daily tasks.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to run from responsibilities through irrelevant, pleasure seeking outlets including but not limited to video games, socialization, tiredness, or seeking to accomplish random things out of line with my priorities.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to continually delay the top priority tasks.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to delay facing myself in each moment.

--

When and as I see myself falling into the same pattern of delaying or dodging the top priority task, I stop I breathe.


I realize that what I'm actually doing through this procrastination is participating in the fear of not wanting to fail, in one form or another.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear failure within my application of myself for myself, such that I delay actually doing what it is that I truly want to be doing.

I commit myself to seeing/realizing/understanding that it is fear of failure that is the point I must push myself through when I run from my priorities.

I commit myself to acknowledging the fear of failure as the force behind delay, pushing through that fear, and pushing myself to carry out the task at hand.

When and as I am in delay for another reason within the reluctance to face myself, I simply stop and I breathe.

I see, here, how and why I have chosen to shift my priorities, so that I may get back on track asap. This is the process of how I commit myself to self-direction within my breath. Step-by-step. Breath-by-breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment