Day 37 - Control Freakyness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to attempt to control my environment and the people in it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I can control my external environment.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think that I can control my anxiety by attempting to control everything around me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that through trying to control my external environment, I create/amplify my anxious state.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get angry and myself and others for attempting to control that which is not within one's sphere of control.

--

I commit myself to understanding how anxiety arises within me in each moment.

I commit myself to no longer trying to control my environment to appease my self-interested desires.

I commit myself to fully realizing the actual extent of my control of my self.

I commit myself to seeing when I am trying to align my environment to suit me.

I commit myself to self-alignment...meaning, I will correct and control myself within my environment only.

I commit myself to this process of realizing my power over myself, alone, to reach the point of maximum effectiveness in the world.

cc
Special thanks to this Earth Review post for perspective and support on control freaks.

1 comment: