Day 8 - Abdicating Governmental Responisbility

     For years, I have considered the government as a largely corrupt political machine outside of my control. I even hold the perception that regardless of who is in office, the bureaucratic system was running the show more than the politicians. I recently discovered Code for America via this TED talk, and was so moved by their premise that I am seeking to work for them or just help out in any way I can (maybe volunteer). The whole idea is that social apps can connect communities to people in a creative way that allows civilians the opportunity for hands on participation in otherwise governmental responsibilities, essentially outsourcing the simple jobs that eat up government funding to willing people in the community that want what's Best for All. Essentially, we can re-program the government bureaucracy to be more open source! Let's get down to clearing my my dis-empowering beliefs and get to work.


^ Click to go to the website


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself from the government, and in this placing myself as a powerless follower of my nation's leadership. If I want to see and make change this belief has to go.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think that I will effect change within the system of our government with my perspective. I forgive myself that I have allowed myself to believe that my beliefs alone can help produce a better world governmental system.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to neglect participation within my country's leadership. I forgive myself that I have allowed myself to believe that the government is too large or too much more than I.

I forgive myself for talking smack and slandering the government, as if to effect change this way.

--

I commit myself to standing one and equal with my government.

I commit myself to realizing my potential within the leadership of the people.

I commit myself to hard work.

I commit myself to understanding how I can produce lasting systemic changes within governmental and bureaucratic agencies, and move the focus within from power/greed to actually serving the people, best for all.


     Whether or not I choose to take this path with Code for America, I commit myself to learning as much as I can to empower as many people as possible to realize and actualize their participatory power in the context of government.

Thank you.

1 comment: