Day 7 - Starting Point within the Advocacy Character

"The question you have to ask yourself...is to ensure that you're doing this process for you, and you alone. Other human beings and their 'thoughts and their minds' are really irrelevant. At the moment, you're allowing your mind to be preoccupied with what could/might possibly be occurring within other human being's mind's, which is a real mind fuck." - Jack, (from here)

     My recent activity in promoting myself and new blog has lead me to an interesting discovery. I couldn't have done it on my own. I needed the feedback from my interpersonal conversations and CMC interactions (computer-mediated-communication). And the immensely valuable perspective from Bernard in this video called Changing the Character of the World (well worth the 40 minutes, if you can spare them) helped install the character perspective. Post watching that, I can see myself more clearly as a mind. In this case, I was going overboard and my starting point was for me as mind as desire to be noticed, noteworthy.

Self-expression


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to exist as a program within which I operate to advocate for a cause that aligns with my belief structure, and in this benefits my ego/mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, without awareness, to operate from a belief system I deem worthy, to which the end goal is some form of personal recognition, rather than an honest expression of myself, here.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that through the self-honest expression of myself, I can still do the advocacy work that I've trained for in college. It's just a matter of changing my starting point.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that changing my starting point is difficult or undesirable because that would entail starting over, which means I have lost time which I've attached value to.

I forgive myself for holding on to the past expressions of myself where my starting point was not clearly me as me for me.

--

I commit myself to recognizing when I am not expressing myself purely.

I commit myself to restarting whenever I catch myself existing as a program that aims to meet an end goal that is not Best for All and/or does not represent my honest self expression.

Advocating for someone else
I commit myself to finding the ways of which I have not been expressing myself for myself, one and equal with life.

I commit myself to to the continued promotion of myself from a a new, intentional starting point.

I commit myself to share myself with myself, one and equal with you, the reader, to prove that it can be done with a clear starting point and not one that exists to benefit my ego.

I commit myself in every moment of every day to apply this realization to my walk of life.


Thanks for reading my expression.




"Megaphone Man" Photo Credit
"Support Public Libraries" Photo Credit


No comments:

Post a Comment