Day 17 - Overwhelmed Character

Whoa, today I was overwhelmed myself. With so many great ways to spend my time, I spent a large portion of that time bouncing back and forth between the things I want to do. It's a frustrating experience, akin to ADD (or so I would think), this is a problem. I must slow down and focus on a task to completion if I hope to be running at maximum efficiency. This point ties in with my overly ambitious demeanor, so there's probably going to be more to this than I can see right now...gotta start sooner or later:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to move from action to unrelated action without true and honest self-direction.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get distracted easily because I allow myself to get overwhelmed by the current task when I would rather be doing other things.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place preference on the side-track tasks because it's easier.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not face the project-at-hand in honesty, and in this I discredit the value of the primary task with mental gymnastics that re-prioritize the secondary tasks.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to look for ways to procrastinate.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to focus on writing when I intend to write.

I forgive myself for wanting to ignore this point and just continue as a procrastinator.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing things that need to be done to pile up, allowing it to get to a point of overwhelmingness, and in that I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see the extent of how this habit is affecting me, so that I may realize the severity of it and tag it as the primary task :)

--

I commit myself to further developing my understanding of this point by reading others' work, like Jozien's series on 'Postponement', to reach a point of stability within myself before I try to knock this down.

I commit myself to slowing down and taking all that there is to consider on this point, so not to rush through it ineffectively, like I did on Day 2.

I commit myself to organizing my time, and executing tasks according to a plan that I've agreed on, not just a bunch of energetic mind distractions.

I commit myself to continuing on this point of overwhelm/procrastination/postponement/delay/sidetrack/distraction/inattention/lack of coherency within tasks...you get the idea.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for share dan. I suggest to make an account in reddit and starting participating in /r/journeytolife so you can share your entries there too, aaaaand, i also suggest to put on an image in your entries so we can share it in pinterest. ok thanks again.

    greetings

    ReplyDelete