Day 295 - Defining My Online Presence

STAMP
SIMPLE: "Make everything as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstein
TRUE: Be true to your passion, with values and behavior in alignment
ACT: "Vision without execution is hallucination." Thomas Edison
MAP: Know how to get from where you are to where you want to be
PEOPLE: The greatest success is achieved in collaboration
Taken from a book review by Robert Morris

The book called Digital Leader: 5 Simple Keys to Success and Influence, was recommend from a student in my recent online Social Media class. The book has a chapter on each of these concepts, but I've only just read this review and chosen to expand on each key to better see my "digital self" from a leadership perspective. *After writing the bulk of the below text, I am considering the purchase of this book and think anyone who is slightly interested in digital leadership should too consider it!


1) Simple
  • "Make everything as simple as possible..."
  • This is a good point to keep in mind because very quickly my writing can become verbose. The nature of Self-Forgiveness and my journey to life is 'content heavy' to say the least. This should not be an excuse to blabber on during my blog posts.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear witting too little to be effective and within that not realize when I am writing more than I need to.
      • I commit myself to the self-honest assessment of when I have written too little/too much based on my written words' effectiveness in supporting myself within self-realization.
  • "...but no simpler."
2) True
  • Be true to your passion, with values and behavior in alignment.
  • Self-Honesty
  • This is why I'm here.
  • This is why I write, which is important to note because my motivation is mostly derived from purpose.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to want to show off and be cool because I found out about the 'solution of self-forgiveness,' instead of self-honestly moving myself through this process for myself alone.
      • I commit myself to investigating wherever my values and behaviors are not in alignment with the knowledge and information I write about, so I may take the time to apply and live the self-correction.
3) Act
  • "Vision without execution is hallucination."
  • This is similar to the second key value. To distinguish the two, I would label this one to be the living application. This blog is my writing dimension, which is a biggy, but living the correction from the insights and realizations that I have while writing is equally important.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to forget that I'm not just here to write.
      • I commit myself to start systematically bringing realization through into living application.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that as long as I write, I can slack off during the rest of my day.
      • I commit myself to facing the reality of my life as signified by how I choose to spend my time in each moment.
      • I realize that vision without application is useless mind play.
4) Map
  • Know how to get from where you are to where you want to be.
  • I have the 'map' / the how to / the Desteni tools: Self-Forgiveness, Self-Writing, Breath and Common Sense (from here)
  •  I do not know exactly what I will become in this journey to life as the living expression of what is best for all, but I do know that I will be here with me in every breath! What is there to fear?
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that I do not know how to get where I want to be through a moment of forgetting my breath within a charged fear experience.
      • I commit myself to be patient with myself as the breath, realizing that it's my mind that wants to move faster than my physical breathing, but it is the thought and desire that slow me down.
      • I commit myself to practically applying my map to get to where I want to be.
        • pure
        • self-honest
        • oneness and equality, self-realized
5)  People
  • The greatest success is achieved in collaboration
  • Also why I am here.
  • My publicized JTL Blog also serves as a way to share my individual process. I write transparently, for you to see me, so that perhaps one day, you might join Desteni and begin seriously investigating your mind too! It's worth it. Brace for a Dan Malara original quote:
    • "No one enjoys facing their fears, until they do."
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear sharing my process with all others.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear judgement.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear making videos of myself.
    • I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to let fear control and suppress my self-expression.
      • I commit myself to walk my process and persist in removing the stifling fears that prevent me from sharing to my maximum potential
      • I commit myself to sharing the perspective that each of us must stand up alone AND together in order to create a world that is literally the best place for all life.

Reflection: Long post, but I liked the break down. This is just a tiny portion of the homework I'll be conducting in order to become a leader in this global, digital community. For now, I commit myself to stabilize myself within self-leadership in my daily living. Starting with, SHADOWGUN...come see me tomorrow. Thanks for the support reader.

3 comments:

  1. lol - very cool Dan - enjoyed reading this.

    And yes to this: I commit myself to be patient with myself as the breath, realizing that it's my mind that wants to move faster than my physical breathing, but it is the thought and desire that slow me down. - that is like real cool! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom-line: Harnessing online reputation is a lot of work because there is, as you say, the matter of identity-building, or rather, brand-building. Always be wary of this, because if the 'brand' isn't properly established or explained, it wouldn't matter no matter how well the online reputation is built, since this would make the whole endeavor, for online users, easy to ignore.

    Layla @ Sacramento Marketing Labs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great insight Layla, thanks for the comment.

      Delete