Day 410 - Processing Procrastination NOW


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I can always do it later, and within this, not see, realize and understand my full capacity to accomplish something now.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to use excuses that lead me into the belief that there isn't enough time to do something now. I commit myself to applying common sense here, and utilizing self-honesty to determine if I am simply making an excuse or not.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself delay taking full responsibility for myself in the current moment.

I forgive myself for NOT accepting and allowing myself to recognize my potential to accomplish something NOW or immediately.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be impatient, and within that, not have enough time NOW, to accomplish something real, something physical, something that takes a length of time to create.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I can spend my time better by doing nothing in particular, than if I were to slow down and spend a few moments to complete a creation.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that procrastination is just part of who I am and how I do things, and that "I do not really want to change this behavior."

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that "procrastination is a skill that I do well and thus benefits me."


I commit myself to slowing down, to consider the real timelines of creation and determine what I can accomplish in this moment that is best for me and all.

I commit myself to realizing the power of the current moment.

I commit myself to STOP postponing that which can be accomplished now.

I commit myself to giving myself the self-honesty required to decide how I can apply myself within my utmost potential in this very moment.

I commit myself to stop running away from responsibility, suppressing it, and pushing it into the future (that never comes). And so within this, I recognize that self-empowerment comes from what I chose to create in the moment that is here, now.

When and as I see that I self-honestly do not have enough time to complete something, I commit myself to deferring the responsibility to a specific time in the future. I commit myself to utilizing a calendar or task list, when necessary, to ensure that I do not suppress my taking responsibility indefinitely.

Why wait when I can do it now?

I just wrote this blog and I only "lost" 35 minutes. Rather. I traded 35 minutes for a new depth of understanding within my decision process of taking immediate action.


WORTH IT!
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment