Day 434 - Take Care


The simple task of taking care of oneself is so often overlooked. It's like we're so busy in our lives and in our minds that we don't slow down enough to consider taking good care of our own body. The priorities get all shifted around. Sleep?..nah, rather hang out with friends or watch television. Exercise?...tomorrow. Proper diet and nutrient intake?...I don't even know where to begin.

Sleep, diet and exercise. The magical trinity of physical health and resilience. Let us all take a moment to reflect on our current relationship to these three human modalities...



Ok.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to devalue sleep/rest because I've gotten away with minimal sleep in the past. Here, I see, realize and understand that I'm unnecessarily placing myself into a survival mode in dragging myself through long days when I do not sleep very much. I commit myself to creating a regular sleeping pattern for myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to under prioritize getting all of my dietary needs because I've gotten away with eating poorly in the past. Here, I see, realize and understand that I'm setting my older self up for a rather unfavorable situation, while my daily self is subtly compromised as indicated by my energy levels, moods, ability to fight off germs, et cetera. I commit myself to learning what it takes to eat a balanced diet.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to only exercise irregularly because that seemed to always just work out fine. Here, I see, realize and understand that I was initially required to do sports by my parents, and that most of my physical activity has simply been a byproduct of how I like to have fun. I commit myself to establishing a regular exercise regimen for myself, all things considered.

Taking care of myself can be so much more enjoyable if I'm not just doing the bare minimum to survive. I challenge you to take on one or more of these areas of your life and make just a small change for the better. Care is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves and each other. I commit myself to thoroughly redefining care in my daily self-support, and gradually expanding my living application of care interpersonally, and eventually, globally.



No comments:

Post a Comment